NIDAQ alternative

Kohitij Kar

02 Nov, 2020 04:18 PM

Hi Chris,

Do you think we can replace our NIDAQ devices with the following
https://www.microdaq.com/measurement-computing-usb-1208ls-daq.php?gclid=Cj0KCQjwlvT8BRDeARIsAACRFiUlDpECbcuP9J--hUYyn-piN0Mt-eY8ub46LJR6FyCMAtvD3ZRDCnwaAt7_EALw_wcB

Wondering about MWorks compatibility.

Thanks,
Ko

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 02 Nov, 2020 04:36 PM

Hi Ko,

The software needed by that device doesn't appear to support macOS, so I don't think we'll be able to make it work with MWorks.

If your I/O needs are relatively simple (e.g. pump control, sending sync signals to a recording system), then I recommend using a Firmata-compatible device. Most Arduino boards and compatible devices are supported by the Arduino Firmata library. In my experience, these devices are fast, reliable, and very inexpensive, which is why I always recommend them first.

If you want a more traditional DAQ device, the LabJack T4 looks pretty comparable to the Measurement Computing device you referenced. I'm still working on adding support for LabJack T-series devices to MWorks, but I could probably wrap it up fairly quickly, if you decide to go that route.

If there are other devices you're interested in using with MWorks, send me a link, and I'll try to assess whether we can make them work.

Cheers,
    Chris

2. 2 Posted by Kohitij Kar on 02 Nov, 2020 04:48 PM

Thanks Chris.

I will look into the Arduino options. Seems like they are the most scalable. Right now, I don’t need anything. The ITC controller is working. But I am sort of preparing for a situation when this device breaks or just in general if I build a new set up.

I will get back to you soon.
    Thanks,
    Ko

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac