Movie display questions

Elia

12 Aug, 2020 03:02 PM

Hi Chris

I am working on an experiment very close to Simon's work,
In my code, I am showing a bunch of 1-second movies to the monkey and will stimulate his brain in the middle of the movie

My question is: my stimulus size is 8 degree in mwork's code, and my movie size is 1024x1024,
1- if I change the movie's size to 512x512, does it going to be converted to 8 degrees automatically by mwork or not?

2- how can I convert 8 degrees in mwork to pixel size in monitor?!

Best
Elia

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 12 Aug, 2020 03:17 PM

Hi Elia,

if I change the movie's size to 512x512, does it going to be converted to 8 degrees automatically by mwork or not?

Yes, it will be the same size in degrees on the display, regardless of the pixel dimensions.

how can I convert 8 degrees in mwork to pixel size in monitor?!

Specifying sizes in pixels isn't something that MWorks currently supports. Adding support for alternative coordinate systems has been on my to-do list for a while, but since no one has really been pushing for it, it hasn't happened yet.

You might be able to work in pixels via carefully chosen display dimensions, but I haven't thought through the math of that in detail. For more info on how MWorks' display coordinates work, please see this discussion.

Cheers,
    Chris

2. Christopher Stawarz closed this discussion on 08 Sep, 2020 03:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac