ISCAN systems

mhisted

11 Jun, 2020 01:09 PM

Hi Chris,

We are thinking about buying an ISCAN system for mouse eye tracking. Do you have any API support now for reading its output and saving to MWorks files? I don't think we'll need to read the eye signals online, but that wouldn't hurt. Has anyone else asked about this?

thanks,
Mark

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 11 Jun, 2020 01:17 PM

Hi Mark,

MWorks does currently have an ISCAN interface that supports starting/stopping recording and reading outputs in to MWorks. It makes use of the serial port on the device (connected to the Mac running MWorks via a USB-to-serial cable).

That said, the one and only ISCAN device I've tested the interface with was rather old, and I don't know if their current devices provide a similar interface. I had a look around the ISCAN website, but I didn't find any relevant documentation. If you get in touch with the ISCAN folks, maybe they can give you more info about options for interfacing with external computers.

Cheers,
    Chris

2. 2 Posted by mhisted on 11 Jun, 2020 07:58 PM

I'll ask and get back to you...

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 15 Jun, 2020 07:12 PM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing the manual. The serial interface it describes is the same as that of the older ISCAN device I tested, so the new hardware should work with MWorks' current ISCAN interface.

As for the TCP/IP connection, I certainly could add support for that. However, it doesn't appear to offer any advantage over the serial interface, and, unlike the serial interface, it doesn't support receiving start/stop recording commands from an external computer.

Cheers,
    Chris

4. Christopher Stawarz closed this discussion on 24 Jun, 2020 02:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac