Long saving time

beshoy.agayby

22 Oct, 2019 03:05 PM

Hi Chris,

If you remember, a while ago, i had an issue with data not being saved. While this issue is resolved; I have a different one now. Mworks takes ages closing the data file (more than 1.5 hours at this moment and going). The file size so far is about 3.6GB. I am using v 0.9 as well. Any idea what causes this? if it's unavoidable, is it possible to have another instance of Mworks to start my next experiment?

Cheers,
Beshoy

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 22 Oct, 2019 08:05 PM

Hi Beshoy,

It sounds like the same root problem as before: At some point in the experiment, the rate at which events are written falls drastically below the rate at which events are generated, producing a huge backlog, and the data file can't close until the backlog is cleared. Please see the linked comment for my suggestions on how to proceed.

Cheers,
    Chris

2. 2 Posted by beshoy.agayby on 23 Oct, 2019 10:57 AM

Hi Chris,

I checked the data read and write rates. During the experiment. THe data read/sec is around 40KB and the written is about 13-25MB. Are those normal numbers?

Cheers,
    Beshoy

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 23 Oct, 2019 07:25 PM

Hi Beshoy,

During the experiment. THe data read/sec is around 40KB and the written is about 13-25MB. Are those normal numbers?

Yes, those are totally reasonable I/O rates.

Can you try running the special MWorks build I provided previously? The log file it generates should provide some insight into what's happening.

Chris

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac