grating with multiple orientations

Anwesha

27 Dec, 2017 03:21 PM

Hi Chris,
I am trying to run a sinusoidal grating stimulus with multiple orientations in psychtoolbox, but the grating runs with all orientations together. Have tried with pause and it doesnt work. I have 9 different orientations, the stimulus should run each time with a different orientation after a blank period of certain duration.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 03 Jan, 2018 02:56 PM

Hello,

Apologies for not responding sooner. I've been out of the office on vacation.

I am trying to run a sinusoidal grating stimulus with multiple orientations in psychtoolbox, but the grating runs with all orientations together.

I assume you meant MWorks, not psychtoolbox? If so, then my best guess is that you need to live queue the grating, so that changes to its parameters are visible immediately.

If that doesn't work, can you send me a copy of your experiment, so that I can try to figure out what's happening?

Cheers,
    Chris Stawarz

2. 2 Posted by Anwesha Bhattac... on 03 Jan, 2018 03:28 PM

thanks for your reply. Its in psychtoolbox..should i still go ahead and send you the code

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 03 Jan, 2018 04:17 PM

Its in psychtoolbox..should i still go ahead and send you the code

No. This site is for help with MWorks. For assistance with Psychtoolbox, please try their forum or some other appropriate support channel.

Cheers,
    Chris

4. Christopher Stawarz closed this discussion on 08 Jan, 2018 03:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac