Repeated variable values in data file

ereming

22 Mar, 2016 06:52 PM

Hi Chris,

I noticed that in both of my psychophysics experiments yesterday, there seemed to be more completed trials than I programmed (607 and 606 vs. 600). Looking at the datafiles, I noticed that there were points where all of the variables were repeated several times in a row. I'm pretty sure this was due to me connecting from a remote client, as the repeats are around the time that I connected to check in. Is this known behavior?

Thanks,
Evan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 22 Mar, 2016 07:16 PM

Hi Evan,

Looking at the datafiles, I noticed that there were points where all of the variables were repeated several times in a row. I'm pretty sure this was due to me connecting from a remote client, as the repeats are around the time that I connected to check in. Is this known behavior?

Yes, that's expected behavior when a new client connects, similar to the repeated events at the beginning of the data file. To track the number of successful trials, it'd probably be best to store an explicit count that's incremented on success, rather than counting "done" events in your data file (or something similar).

Chris

2. Christopher Stawarz closed this discussion on 28 Mar, 2016 05:17 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac