Events at start of stream

ereming

02 Jul, 2014 06:59 PM

I'm looking at the event data stream for the first time. I loaded my program, started streaming, then pressed "play." I'm seeing three events which seem to be recorded for each experiment variable before anything actually happens in the program. For regular variables, the event values are the default values. For selection variables, they're the first selection. There are only three events for variables that never change. The first two are separated by about 35ms, and I think are associated with the stream starting; the third is associated with pressing play. Any following events require a change of variable in the program. Am I getting this right? If I am, what's the reasoning behind recording this three times? I can't think of why a single time wouldn't suffice.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 03 Jul, 2014 02:16 PM

Hi Evan,

There are only three events for variables that never change. The first two are separated by about 35ms, and I think are associated with the stream starting; the third is associated with pressing play. Any following events require a change of variable in the program. Am I getting this right? If I am, what's the reasoning behind recording this three times?

Yes, that's correct. The repetition is partly by design, partly an artifact of how various pieces of the event stream infrastructure are implemented. I agree that it's a little confusing.

Chris

2. Christopher Stawarz closed this discussion on 11 Jul, 2014 01:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac