race on workspace startup

mhisted

16 May, 2022 02:38 PM

Hi Chris,

I'm finding that when I launch a workspace file with MWClient, sometimes it looks like the Python Client Bridge script runs before the MWEL is done loading, and so it doesn't initialize properly. I think you fixed some race like this before, is that right? I'm using the snapshot from 2021.01.08.

Mark

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 16 May, 2022 02:56 PM

Hi Mark,

Yes, when loading a workspace that contains an experiment path, the client doesn't wait for the experiment to finish loading before launching the Python bridge or any other plugin window. I don't think this issue has come up before, which is surprising.

I will work on fixing this. In the meantime, you may be able to avoid the issue by adding a short wait at the start of your Python bridge script -- maybe a second or two, depending on how long your experiment takes to load.

Sorry about this!

Cheers,
    Chris

2. 2 Posted by mhisted on 16 May, 2022 03:12 PM

Thanks, Chris!

I have a strong feeling that you and I discussed this before, but perhaps my memory is broken on this. I think I'm overfilling it.

Mark

3. Christopher Stawarz closed this discussion on 01 Jun, 2022 01:57 PM.

4. Christopher Stawarz re-opened this discussion on 13 Jun, 2022 03:39 PM

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 13 Jun, 2022 03:39 PM

Hi Mark,

I'm looking at this now, and I'm having trouble understanding where this is causing problems for you. Can you tell me exactly how the script's initialization fails? Is it expecting a particular value for a variable and not seeing it?

Thanks,
    Chris

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac