stimulus still visible when same colour as background

beshoy.agayby

13 Mar, 2019 10:28 PM

Hi Chris,

I was testing a task where target (a disk) needs to be detected at random locations on the screen. When varying the colour values of the disk, i noticed that when the disk has the same colour values as the background, the borders of the disk are visible as a thin white line. It doesn't appear on the mirror window but only on the 2nd display. I tried a rectangle which was better (reduced borders), but still the same issue. Any idea what caused this?

Cheers,
Beshoy

1. 1 Posted by beshoy.agayby on 14 Mar, 2019 12:25 PM

Hi Chris,
    Just an update, this issue only occurs with the ellipse stimulus not with the rectangle one.

Cheers,
    Beshoy

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 14 Mar, 2019 02:08 PM

Hi Beshoy,

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue yet. What color are the stimulus and background when you see the white line?

Thanks,
    Chris

3. 3 Posted by beshoy.agayby on 20 Mar, 2019 11:29 AM

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the late reply. I tried reverting back to the 0.8 version as i was using a nightly version (not the latest one). I noticed that this issue isn't there anymore. And speaking of the nightly version, I tried to use the latest one and the stimulus didn't even come up. I will test it on another computer to be sure, but any idea why is this?

Cheers,
    Beshoy

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Christopher Sta... on 20 Mar, 2019 01:09 PM

Could you please send me an example experiment that demonstrates the issues you're seeing?

Thanks,
    Chris

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac